Wednesday, January 30, 2019

January 30, 2019 _ Here we come Exumas

January 30, 2019 Heading Royal Harbour

 5:30am- Woke up and had coffee before lifting our anchor and setting course across the ocean to Royal Harbour.

Sails are up

I woke up last night and what a spectacular view.  Looking out the window, I thought the lights from the other boat masts where shining bright but soon I realize brights thousands of stars shining like I have never seen before.  I am so blessed to be in a place of total darkness to observe such amazement.. I just can't believe how many stars we do not see due to city lights which surround us back home.  Seeing  sunsets and sunrises from the horizon are also treasured.It is the first time we have both our sails up.  The sea is calm and Steve decided to fish.

On our path to Spanish Wells lies Royal Island which has a string bean of an island 430 square acres strung out 4.5 miles wide. There is a protected anchorage there at Royal Island Harbour.
2:30pm- We covered 54.93kn

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 15, 2019 The End of 2019 Bahama Adventure

April 15, 2019 It is the end of me writing this year's blog since we have returned to Fort Pierce and are getting our boat ready to pu...